View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 12:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondheart View Post
I was wondering about cast iron myself. Doesn't anyone use this anymore? I remember making corn bread in my cast iron pan, that is when I used to be able to eat corn. I would think you could wash the seasoning off and then re-season with your own oil?

Also, since I figure like minded people will be reading this thread, what about using microwave ovens? Anyone have any information about any negative side-effects of microwaving your food?

Claire
Well...I know its porous, and you aren't supposed to use soap b/c then food will taste soapy forever more :P Someone mentioned sanding...but of course, for the cute novelty pans, you'd have to sand away their features.

As for microwaves...I've heard all sorts of bad stuff :P

We got rid of ours a long time ago. Dh said the food tasted a lot better when it was made on the stove, even if we were just reheating it. I use a toaster oven a lot like a microwave though. It takes much longer, but things get that crispy top, (in a good way). I can also use it to make small batches of almond bread sunbutter fudge without heating up the whole entire kitchen.
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote