View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Melody, I just wanted to let you know that we have one of the inversion machines and we swear by it. My hubby has some pain in his back but not severe and when his gets to bothering him he hangs upside down for a few days and he is fixed. Also my son 13, has spondylothesis grade 2 and he hangs on it too. So far it has really helped him when he gets to hurting too bad. I don't hang because the ortho doc told me with my fusion (cervical)that it wouldn't be a good idea but I have used it to sort of recline just to stretch out my lumbar area, I wont go all the way to a free hang.

As far as standing on his head, I don't think that is a good idea because it puts alot pf pressure on your neck, the difference with a inverse hang is that there is no pressure anywhere on your spine. I have tried the hanging head over the bed pose and while it may help a little it is in no way the same as the inversion.

I saw the inversion machine at Costco and I think it was around 100.00 but I am not sure. We got ours at a yard sale for about 40 bucks. That was over 8 years ago and it is always set up in the garage as it gets used quite a bit. My chiro was able to get one for another patient as I saw it in his office one time. He doesn't sell them just was able to order one for someone, maybe he got it cheaper?? I love my chiro, he is very knowledgable and has never hurt any of us. I see him for traction on my lumbar spine and my kids see him when they need an adjustment. I would try one a see what you think because I will always have mine and when it wears out we will get another. Hope that helps...Sue
snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote