View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Co-worker gift

When my son told me this on Friday...I was so excited that I was shaking and crying happy tears at the same time. A co-worker who graduated from the same college as Keith, is basically the one who got him the job with the state after Keith had done 2 or 3 co-op sessions with them. They've always been close, beyond just a co-worker, it's been a good friendship.
On Friday, this guy comes up to Keith's office and says "I want to donate 2 weeks of my leave time to you so you can get full pay while out on your medical time". Keith didn't know what to say other than WOW!
It's already into the system that Keith will use his 2 wks leave time, then 2 from this other guy, then Keith might consider using vacation 2 wks also...we aren't sure, but anyways we thought this was such a wonderful gift of a co-worker.
I had heard of others doing this in an office. One gal at work was off for 2 months when her son had to have some pretty complicated surgery. For her second month off, each person in her office donated a day. They presented her with a calendar for that month, with a different person's name on each day! She kept a diary of what she did on each day...mailing thank yous to each person telling what had happened on "their day".

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote