View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Information on HBOT

This is my first post to this site (or any other for that matter). I have browsed this RSD area a couple of times and greatly appreciate everyone's willingness to help each other. There are hundreds of questions I know many of you could help me with but tonite I want to focus on any information you might have about HBOT treatments. My 21 year old daughter has had RSD for over a year but wasn't diagnosed until last August. She has had 20 stellate ganglion blocks and 7 lumbar blocks since then. She only takes Lyrica and Cymbalta. Her RSD originated from knee surgery. We want to take her for HBOT treatment to improve circulation in her knee and hopefully put the RSD in remission. We are looking at 3 HBOT centers: Hyperbaric Medical Center in Santa Fe, NM; National Hyperbaric in Palm Harbor, FL; and Rapid Recovery Hyperbaric in San Bernardino, CA. All three seem equally good but the one in Santa Fe would be closest to home (only 400 miles away). Does anyone have any preferences? If you've gone to these treatments, would it be OK to do Physical Therapy on her knee at the same time as HBOT? Thank you for any and all advice!
Cindy
CindyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote