View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi. Alan and I live in New York.

Just put Alan to bed. I role the wheelchair up to the edge of the bedroom, I get him to stand up, I fold up the wheelchair, bring it down a big step, into our bedroom. I back it up next to the step, Alan turns around and gently plops into the wheelchair, then I roll the wheelchair right next to the bed. It has to prop himself up on the bed because we have a Temper pedic kind of mattress toppers on the bed, so when he flops on the bed, I have to roll him over to his side of the bed.

I tell you, getting this man into the bed IS THE HARDEST THING ABOUT HIS WHOLE FOOT THING. I cannot wait until they take off the cast. I do hope they can do this next Friday.

I'm starting to develop muscles. The snow is almost all gone because the temp rose. Not good for my arthritis, this I will tell you. Between me and him, we both limp like two old people.

Just finished watching the Oscars. I now know I am officially getting on in years. I dont' know anyone. I didn't know any of the songs that were nominated. I'm lucky I recognize Jack Nicholson.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote