View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 03:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, lisag, and welcome.

I appreciate your asking about the guidelines.

BobbyB gave a good example about what might not be limiting in reference to the guideline stating to "limit the discussion of politics".

As far as questioning a moderator/administrator action, you can. For instance, if you feel that you were misunderstood and a moderator acted out of misunderstanding, you certainly can PM that moderator to state your concerns. To attempt to cut down on misunderstandings a moderator will contact the member first to ask them to edit their own post (unless action is needed immediately and you're not online) to open a dialogue from which to work with. Also, in an attempt to gain as much information as possible, the moderators work together and ask for input from all online at the time...again in an attempt to avoid misunderstandings.

If you feel that you're still not being heard, please PM myself or Doc John.

We've already "fine tuned" several guidelines to the specific needs of this community. They're guidelines for all of us to go by for the comfort of the whole. We recognize that there also can be specicial circumstances that will come about when posting.

Please remember that if ever a post is edited, etc., it doesn't mean that you've been warned or anything. It's just an edit. If behavior continues, then warnings might come way down that road for some members. I don't see that happening here, though.

If ever an issue arises that you feel the need to post outside of the guidelines for a specific reason, please contact myself or Doc John and we'll discuss it with you and work on something that hopefully can meet your needs.

You'll find we're very hands on. Don't ever hesitate to PM with concerns, suggestions, or just to say "hi".

I'm glad you're here.

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote