View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 05:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I took Copaxone as a first choice, mainly because i wanted to avaoid the flu like symtoms (expericence had taught me that fever affects my symptoms very badly). I was on copaxone for about 5 months with no side effects other than injection site itchiness- then all of a sudden i had a massive and very nearly fatal anaphylactic reaction, very scarey!

I changed over to betaferon a bit over 4 and 1/2 yrs ago, I did get the flu like symptoms to begin with- but this was well managed by taking tylenol about 1 hour pre the shot and having the shot late at night to that i slept through the worst of the symptoms. Gradually over the next 4 to 6 months, the flu like stuff eased off and now is not an issue at all.

The only other side effect i have had is injection site reaction. Each injection site becomes red and slightly inflammed for approx week to 10 days, so my abdomen always looks red and blotchy. These reactions are minimised by making sure that there is not a droplet of medication on the needle prior to administration (this was a suffestion of the MS society nurse- she believes that direct skin contact makes the reactions worse
kebsa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote