View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just had to chime in on this...
My girl is almost 17.She had tried 3 other AD meds in the past.
All of them gave her heart palpitations and just didn't work out very well..Since she also has ALOT of pain daily.
Her doc said:lets try Cymbalta.
At first,she was feelin great.She didn't have much of an appetite.SHE LOVED that part,since she weighed just over 200 lbs.
She is about 5ft 1..ANyway..Time goes by and i'm watchin her.I just wasn't liking the change i saw in her..Sure enough...Last week,i see a fresh cut on her arm.So of course.I asked her.WHAt happened there?
She said:She thought her g'f's cat did it.
OooooKKKkkkkk.So i wait a bit more..Sure enough the cut never heals.It looks fresh almost daily!
Thats when i knew..She had been cutting herself again.If a med is working.YOU DON'T cut!Not in my opinion anyway.
So iasked her about it again.She fessed up!
We went out for the evening and just talked...Had ice cream...I just wanted to get her out of here and talk..ya know.Well she tells me,she had been having tremors in her hands on/off.I said:This doesn't sound good.I think we should discuss gettin off this med.
Of course,she was ambivilent about doing that.
I was goin to bed that night,i heard her in her room talking..
I thought she was on the phone...I lay there a bit longer,then i hear her crying..So i get up and go in...
She is shakin like crazy,sayin she is scared to death and soooo glad i came in there!!
The only reason she was trying sooo hard to stay on this med was because of her weight loss!
So of course that was a long night......I am no pharmacists..so i have no idea how many granules are in those capsules to divide them.
She had 3 left and we flushed them!
She was only taking 30 mgs a day.
I hope and pray her w/d isn't a nightmare like i read on here.
We called her doc and ..Her doc has left the practice!!!!!
Soooo,i had to find her a new one which means..No appt till april 25th!!
I hope and pray this time goes by w/out incident..
Just wanted to share our story about Cymbalta..
Wishing you all the best and hope your all doin ok now.

Kellie

Everybody has problems. Some we create for ourselves, some others create for us. How we react to those problems is up to the individual. Eleanor Roosevelt stated, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." We must control our reaction to our problems or perceptions. Otherwise, they will own you.
~KELLWANTSANSWERS~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote