View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Farm Wife. I don't have horses now, but when my daughter was growing up my sister bought her a very wild, young Arabian. His name was Cochise. We paid to have him trained but he just never was fit for her to ride. Scared me. He must have been abused at some point.

We sold him and bought a Palamino quarter pony, Retts Golden Boy. He was such a love and a beautiful horse. She showed him in 4-H and rode him like the wind. (Scared me half to death when she did!) When he was in shows, we always had to prove he was a quarter pony, not a quarter horse, as he was so big. He just came in under the allowable hands for a pony.

He was such a sweetie. However, as daughter grew into teenage years he was very ignored. And it was costing a pretty penny to keep him boarded and fed with nobody paying any attention to him. So we sold him, much to her disappointment.

Your baby sounds like she has a wonderful life there with you. How nice it must be to sit on the porch sipping coffee and watching her really enjoy retirement!

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote