View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 02:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up TOS survivor!

Good day all.I have right sided TOS and had surgery for it in Dec 2007.All went not to bad.Rt.lung was not fully functional after surgery.Had to do the breathing exercises for couple of weeks. Came back thank goodness.
Work tried to force me back before I was seen by my surgeon for follow up.I waited for my surgeon and lets say.....the return to work has been worse than being freshly post op! Surgeon wanted result of a certain exam before seeing me for follow up but work said did not matter and took my pay from me for 3 weeks! Doc note said to remian off work but they say they do not accept doctors notes!!The fight goes on about that.
As for post op...was very painful for about 3 weeks.Just to lift my arm made me feel sick .Just got some of my range of motion back.Arm still weak to the point I cannot lift much. I am an xray tech/mammographer so all my hours are filled with lots of lifting.My neck feels very tight on rt side.incision under arm healed nicely...still numb though and sore at some points.Hand still goes blue when used. NO one at my work even knows what TOS is let alone what a rib resection involves ,so kind of get feeling they think I am lying.
Hope you all are doing fine.I hear you and feel your pain!
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (04-13-2008)