Old 02-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Anyone here understand this?

I'm a learner by watching, observing, etc. When I read things, I have to re-read over and over at times to get the jist of what was said. This is an ADHD thing I've suffered my whole life. Since I know this about myself, I am very hard headed and will work hard to overcome this learning curve I have....I always succeed, but on the journey, I get exasperated.

I'm feeling like an idiot lately with school. I finally got to the statge where I submitted my first test. There is one part of the test where I've just not GOT IT, and my Teacher has been gently guiding me to the correct answer so I can fix what I'm not getting.

In the meantime, I've started the next session and its hard. REALLY HARD.

I'm feeling stupid....Any of you learn this way? I could use some ideas or words of encouragement.

I just resubmitted this portion of my test for the 3rd time and I sure hope she writes back that I finally got it. Add in feeling flu like today, I could just cry....how silly is that?

If the reading is difficult, there are computer programs that can read text out to you. I think there's a way to scan text into a computer where the text can be placed into a word processing program, instead of it being a jpg file.

The thing that I figured out when I was taking classes a few years ago (and was lucky enough to have a computer in class) was taking notes on a computer.

I can type faster than I can handwrite, so I was taking notes on my computer (this also helped me in my medical transcription class)

The other thing I do, for reading text, is to type it into my computer. One, so that I can take notes, and also so that I concentrate on what the text is saying. Helps me a lot with the reading.

It's weird, I love to read, and if it's for fun, I have no problem with reading. But if it's a school thing, screw it, the reading probably wont get done unless I type it into the computer during a spare moment or few.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote