View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
If the reading is difficult, there are computer programs that can read text out to you. I think there's a way to scan text into a computer where the text can be placed into a word processing program, instead of it being a jpg file.

The thing that I figured out when I was taking classes a few years ago (and was lucky enough to have a computer in class) was taking notes on a computer.

I can type faster than I can handwrite, so I was taking notes on my computer (this also helped me in my medical transcription class)

The other thing I do, for reading text, is to type it into my computer. One, so that I can take notes, and also so that I concentrate on what the text is saying. Helps me a lot with the reading.

It's weird, I love to read, and if it's for fun, I have no problem with reading. But if it's a school thing, screw it, the reading probably wont get done unless I type it into the computer during a spare moment or few.
Great idea....I've been handwriting....I'll work on the typing instead. I was thinking that I should handwrite, but I've not been doing it as much as I could, and I type faster than I write as well. Thanks!!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote