View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 04:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barb02 View Post
I go for my 3rd tysabri infusion next Wenesday, February 6. I had a reaction during second infusion (pain in upper back, shortness of breath, tightness in chest) so I will premedicate with benadryl. I was given benadryl in my iv when experiencing the reaction and it was resolved within 10 minutes. I actually was at the end of my infusion when I told the nurse I was having a problem so I received all of the ty.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar. I am hoping and praying that I can tolerate tysabri and it helps.

I have noticed a bit of an increase in energy since starting.
I had a reaction during my second infusion. Mostly it was difficulty breathing. As usual (when it comes to me) the diagnosis of the problem was confusing. I had one of the worst chest colds ever a couple weeks before, but I was just about all better. However, I heard the word "asthma" applied to my condition for the first time ever. 53 years old and this comes out of nowhere.
Anyway, it seems that my body decided to have it's first real asthma attack during the infusion. So was it a coincidence or did the Ty somehow trigger the attack or was it the Ty alone? Who knows? I do know that it was scary as hell. Now that I have experienced a few, I know what to expect so it's not as bad. So I have been getting benadryl and steroids before my infusion. Talk about a roller coaster! The benadryl brings you down and while the steroids are pumping you up. They really love steroids at my neuro.
I've had a few infusions since and they are better though not trouble free.
I think I get an MRI soon so I'll get a chance to see if this stuff is working at least as far as new lesions.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (03-22-2008)