View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello everyone!

I can't believe that we are back online (kind of anyway!). It is so great to hear from everyone!

Things have been hectic for us. I will try to be brief. We ordered Michael his first wheelchair this week - he's very excited about it! The girls, ages 4 and 13, are both being tested for Celiac. They took their blood just yesterday so we should have some news next week. The 4 yr old is constipated and has not gained any weight in 1 year. The 13 yr old is lactose intolerant, ADD, mild hypertension and has a fast heart beat. She was in the hosp this summer with high blood pressure (162/85) and her heart racing.

I also pressured them into doing the CeliaGene testing since we know for sure that Michael is a DQ2. I would really like to know if the girls have either gene.

We just finished a bathroom remodel. Those are always fun!! The finished product is nice though since we made it handicap accessible for Michael. For those people that haven't heard yet, the docs were not able to confirm Michael's Celiac Disease through bx. However, they did confirm Gluten Intolerance and Gluten Ataxia. We will try again in 3 years with a 6 month gluten trial and then bx.

I feel like I am missing something. That might be the big (medical) items that have happened to us since we have all spoken last.

I hope everyone is doing well. I sure have missed 'talking' or 'listening' to everyone here! Glad to be back!!
lmb3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote