View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I get anxiety with my RSD

Does anyone else find they are having bouts of anxiety, or like little panick attacks, since being affected with RSD/CRPS? I have had anxiety since getting RSD but I notice it is worse lately and I am frustrated by it - as if the pain, swelling, dystonia, etc. weren't enough to deal with. I have RSD in my left arm from two ulnar nerve surgeries.

What has happened to me in the last two weeks is that I had been on Premarin (lowest dose) for five years and had to stop taking it about 12 days ago. My doctor wanted me to do this because I have been having a lot of pain in my liver/gall bladder area and estrogen is known to aggravate this. Since I had my gall bladder removed four years ago, I did not think this would be a problem for me but since I got RSD in November 2006, the pain started in the upper right abdomin about the same time. I have noticed the pain is almost gone since stopping that med but the panicky stuff is nasty. I also was taking .5 mg of lorazapam for anxiety each night and I stopped it at the same time. Could stopping such a low dose at night make me feel anxious and like an elephant was sitting on my chest during the day?

I am going to take the lorazapam tonight just to see if it helps. It is weird, but the lorazapam seems to help the swelling just a little bit in my hand. I still struggle with swelling and extreme tightness in my hand, I wonder if it is permanent.

Thanks for any thoughts on this - I need some help. Oh, I also drink about 4-5 cups of coffee a day (I have for 20 years) could this make any difference with RSD?
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (02-25-2008)