View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 05:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
I'm saving this info. I still have part of my last RX for Ultra One Touch strips, have had insurance coverage until now.....

Appreciate that you did all the research & I'm gonna assume this was the best prices you found??

Take care,Buttons
Hi Buttons - Yes, these are the best prices I have ever found.

I do dollar searches every once in a while, and I was really impressed with what this place offers. It has lists of monitors and test strips by various manufacturers.

I was also using OneTouch Ultra. I just can't pay those prices any longer, and I even wrote to the manufacturer (LifeScan) with the hope they have a discount program for those of us who could use some help. (I have no health insurance, no prescription plan, nothing.) They do not.

So I decided to order the inexpensive Prestige monitor. I also ordered 200 strips for $65 total. (The cost for 200 OneTouch strips is $134 at this site, still a bargain compared to the nearly $200 my pharmacy charges). I will cross check the test results of Prestige monitor against the OneTouch and let you know about the accuracy.

Do you have prescription coverage for meds? Some Canadian sites have excellent prices for brand meds, and their generics are outstanding. I take Lamictal, which has a Canadian generic equivalent. The US has brand only. For this year I qualified for GlaxoSmithKline's free-drug program, but next year, on my current dosage, brand would cost me about $10,000 for this single med (one of a barrel full that I need each day). Canadian will be much, much less, and the US government announced last week that they will no longer be intercepting personal meds at the Canadian/American border.

I surely can't recommend or guarantee anything, but here is the one that I have used at times and I was very satisfied with prices, service, both brand and generic meds, etc.

http://www.hometownmeds.com/Search.asp

Geeez, it's a minefield out here.

I hope some of this helps. You have a good week, okay?

TCC
The Crystal Cave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote