View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I am not a parent but dealt with a very severe ed for 12 years and did every form of treatment inpatient,hospitals,outpatient. I have met a lot of people through this with all form of ed's and also have seen how family dynamics play into this and recovery. My family was supportive of my recovery but I have friends who families were not. What I feel a huge reason is because the parent or others would have to look into their own issues and that is scary for them. It will bring up a lot of uncomfortable feelings. Also it is easier to live in my child is going through a phase then to see the real problem. Unfortunatly and I do not feel families are to blame but do feel that among many other things play a role. This child is using their body instead of their voice to express themselves. Also a death can be a hard thing to feel for a child and can bring up abandonment issue,lonely,fear and regardless of an eating problem I feel should be in therapy. I think approaching this caregiver again not just with the ed issue but also with the death issue and getting into some therapy and support group.I often feel sugesting a book I don't know any about parent loss but on ed /Surving an ed for family and friends I think is very good and the website something fishy which is for suffers but also has a part for families.Sometimes when people are not completly ready this will help them see the light.I am a little late to this so sorry and usually post on the pn one but I saw this on the opening page and wanted to contribute.If I can help you can pm me, Take care
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote