View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Good idea Agate.

Or alternatively, Cherie could just attach the link, since links seem to be permitted here. Paul has an awesome site, with a lot of good information, so I think it is worthwhile to do that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I am not here as an "expert" on MS but as a person living with the illness for nearly 30 years. During that time, I've collected a lot of information. Initially some of that came from brochures and pamphlets. That information, by the guidelines stated in this thread, could not be posted here as there is not an individual author name to credit.
Cherie, I understand where you are coming from with this. I too have been collecting research information for 15+ yrs. Most of what I have (except the links to BT1), are in notes that I wrote for myself. I have no idea where the information came from, or how much is "mine", but it seems a waste to not share it with others.

If you try a few of your sentences, from whatever you want to post, you can see if it will come up when you google. If it is verbatim, you will usually get a hit. The problem with my info is that it is often NOT verbatim, so although much of it is copied from somewhere, it's been somewhat re-worded to suit my particular purposes. (It's very likely that the info Paul posted is a combination of info he picked up from "somewhere"). That makes it hard to acknowledge an author sometimes.

The other issue is when we just remember a fact. I have no idea where I heard some of the points that I recall, but I'm not sure that it is against any copywrite law to "quote" a single fact anyway. Still, it lends credibility when we can do so.

I really like the idea of having this kind of thread though, and I hope we can find a way to start fresh.

Cherie
lady_express_44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote