View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default OK - now a growth on my thyroid !!!!

My daughter has been having a fit for me to have my Thyroid checked because she says my symptoms are so similar to thyroid problesm that she has read about.

Just to please her, I went to an endocrineologist. I was thinking this is a serious waste of time - but it will make her feel better.

The doctor found a growth on my thyroid (she took measurements and told me how big it is - but I don't remember the size) I forget everything and I was drilled by the doctor about ever having cancer and have I ever had in cancer markers in my blood. The answers are no and no. So I spent half the day today having test and 10 viles of blood drawn I did not know that you can even have that much blood drawn and still be walking around - but I did (and it didn't hurt). Even the tech said that she would have passed out after the second vile (well I am not that wimpy but still.... 10 !!!!!)

I then had an ultrasound and some sort of uptake test thing where I took a radioctive pill and 6 hours later went back and had a test. I go back to the hospital in the morning for another test...

THat is my news - seems the doctors are always finding something new with me, but never finding anything to fix my current problems and never a definitive dx on the MS. Oh and I also had a Lupus test that came back as a "low positive" so I don't know what that means in terms of Lupus.

Isn't it just crazy - all these things seem to come in clusters ???

The endocrineologist is ruling out cancer first, then she gave me literature on Hashimoto's Disease which is what she is thinking I have may also have.
Oh well, time will tell.... or not... Also - I have had neck surgery and it may be nothing more than scar tissue - that is what I think it is.

I'm not really complaing - some of you have gone through Sooooo much more than me - I just wanted to "say it !".

"Probable MS" Symptoms since winter 1996/97
Cervical Spinal Stenosis
Hashimoto's Disease
Fibromyalgia

Some days you're the windshield.... some days you're the bug.
snoodles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote