View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I would love if someone would explain to me how my 82 year old landlord can smoke at least 4 packs a day. From the moment he wakes up, he lights up, (I see him walking in the driveway every morning to open up the driveway gates). He ALWAYS has a cig in his mouth. In fact, I HAVE NEVER SEEN HIM WITHOUT A CIGARETTE in his mouth. He can't come into my home with one. I make him put it out on the front porch, then he can come in. No one has ever smoked in my home (or any of my homes).

I don't smoke, But how can it be that this man (who's mom dies at over 100 years of age), well all I know is he has a hernia. He has one leg.

He never gets sick (never). He never wears a hat or gloves in cold weather. I tried once to take an extra hat and give it to him. It was snowing. He said "I hate hats". I said "are you serious, you'll get pneumonia". He laughed and said "i don't think so, (as he was puffing away).

I really would love to see his genetic makeup. His son recently got married at age 53 and had his first child.

Boy, there are some powerful genes in this family. Maybe the town of Sicily where they are from, well, maybe there was something in the artesian springs or something?? I guess we will never know.

But he ALWAYS smokes. All the time. His wife chases him out into the backyard because no one else smokes in the house. He is a small man. Doesn't weigh over 140 lbs.

A puzzlement, no??

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote