View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey all,

Sorry for taking so long in get back to all of you. Exit thanks for the information. I'll send you an email soon.

As it stands right now I found a family care practice where a former MD works. She was absolutely wonderful but I am not able to get into see her for awhile so I made an appointment with another doctor in the same practice. So far so good but I've only seen him once. If it doesn't work out I will make an appointment to see my old doctor. I do hate to make an appointment with one doctor and then jump ship and see another soon after.

My sinus issues are still occurring. I was getting better but then Bam all my symptoms became worse. In fact one night while sitting at my computer I felt my nose and upper lip become wet. Thinking this was just post nasal drip I grabbed a tissue to blow my nose and to my horror discovered it was bright red blood. It then bled off and on for about 45 minutes. This in addition to horrible pain in my nose and behind my left eye. A bloody nose is just not something I have so it is of concern to me.

So I am now back on more antibiotics my third course. I also have had a new CT scan but have not heard the results yet. I am sure that it will come back normal however they always do. Of course these symptoms are new so maybe something might show up. The doctor also recommended something called Ponaris nasal emollient. I picked some up and it has helped but because it is oil based I am concerned that it could cause Lipoid Pneumonia if inhaled.

Now another thing I should bring up is since I've been on the Antibiotics my pain levels have been elevated. If I do have Lyme disease as I suspect this actually makes some sense. I have an appointment next week at the Lahey Clinic outside of Boston but I don't think they will be all that helpful. If I want to get to the bottom of this I'm going to have to see another Lyme Literate Medical Doctor. We'll see what happens and I will let you know what is said if anything at my appointment next week.

Later
Quahog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote