View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 01:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default most scary MS symptom yet

I have been really tired lately and have been doing not much more than taking my meds and falling back asleep for the past week or so.

BUT on saturday I was feeling not too bad, woke up, took meds, had cup of tea and realized that my legs from the knee down to the toes and my right arm from the elbow to the fingers felt numb and not a part of my body.

the symptom just kept getting worse, and I told hubby 'I think that my legs are going paralized, I don't know if I can stand up'. It took a while and I tried to get up. My legs could hardly hold me, knees felt like jelly, lower part of legs (from knees to toes) just felt like they were not there, and I sat down right away again. WTF? is that all about?

Did not know what to do. Should I go to emerg? stay put and hope it would go away. I just did not want to get anyone upset or worried so I played it down. But that feeling of weakness and tingling and I have no words to describe the feeling or lack of in my legs.

I know no one is a doctor, but is this something that should worry me? It is still happening from time to time, but not as severe, and not for as long.

Should I go to emerg next time this happens again? Is this the beginning of the end of my legs? Needless to say I had a majour pitty party on sat and sun.

Legs are still weak from the knees down to toes. Toes and balls of feet feel as if there is cotton inside of them, loose socks are too tight. Just does not make any sense to me at all.
Right arm is also still weak and does not feel like it is part of my body ( I guess that is the best way to describe the feelings in those parts of the body).

sorry for being this long, but yep I'm scared of what may be happening.

Anyone?