View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "Dawson's Fingers" on MRI

So, I've been dx for exactly 7.5 weeks...out of the blue.

Of course, I've been reading and reading all that I can on MS, etc. I'm always stumped and feel sad when I hear of people stuck in 'limboland' and undiagnosed and waiting. Of course, I went to doctor thinking I had a pinched nerve. Two hours later he called to say I had MS! But I digress.

So, we all talk about our lesions (or lack thereof) on the MRIs...

I've never heard anyone report about finding of DAWSONS FINGERS showing up on their MRI. My MRI had a VERY clear finding of this - and I think when I read the MRI report (3 days after I was dx - and after I had second opinion) - I read up on this dawsons fingers thing - and it is hallmark of MS.

So as I've sat here shaking my head for the last 7.5 weeks thinking about how unreal this is - and through two courses of IVSM now - still in shock - "this can't be happening" - I wonder and I don't get it....and I think - but don't I need all these other tests - spinal tap (and some others mentioned here)....I remind myself, um, no, my MRI was pretty dang clear. What's that all about?! I got a 100% MS dx within 2 hrs of my MRI - which was within 4 hrs of meeting the neuro - whom I went to see b/c I thought I had a pinched nerve in my face! This is my first exacerbation - going on two months now - wish it would end

Sometimes I think about calling my neuro and saying, "you know, what if you're wrong? Don't you need to test me and put me thru the ringer?!" - not that I want the pain of a spinal tap - I hear it's awful.....but what if it came back negative?! LOL - doubtful - but I'm hearing stranger things, right? I don't think this is denial on my part - though, I could use a dose of denial right now. Sigh.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this found on their MRI - and if so, did it clinch their dx?

~Keri

RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote