View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 04:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Didn't know well else to post this...NES

I spent three days in Duke University Hospital under the care of several doctors while having a VEEG completed.

The news, I am not sure whether is good or not. I have seizures. They are debilitating. I can't drive, I can't be left alone for long periods of time. But this seizures aren't caused by abnormal brain activity. They are caused by PTSD. Early childhood abuse (all types, by all family members you can imagine), then later in life traumatic surgery at 29 of complete hysterectomy (wasn't quite ready to give up on having more children) and then just stressful and anxiety and panic to fill in.

I don't know what to do, what to think, or even at this point in my life do I care? My life has been pretty much taken away from me at age 34. What is left?
All they can tell me is I need to confront the issues head on. Obviously they don't know my family.

Besides all this, I have the Fibro with CFS/ME which makes for a lousy day b/c mine never seems to let up. I try to exercise and I get knocked down. Nothing works for this body of mine.

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks for listening - anyone with ideas/comments/well wishes it would greatly be appreciated.

M

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome '97, Chronic Sinusitis '97, Chronic Pain '04-present, Degenerative Disc Disease '86, Depression '88, Fibromyalgia '00, RLS+PLMD '04, Severe IBS '05 Non-Epileptic Seizure Disorder '08