View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Long Hair + Egg Yolk + Tired = Mess

So, yesterday was Monday. I just couldn't do anything right. I stayed up too late the day before celebrating my birthday. I wasn't even hung over, just did too much.

I made myself an egg for breakfast at work. I'm sitting at my desk with the empty plate in front of me (with egg yolk mess on it) and somehow must have dragged my hair through it. My hair is pretty long (halfway down my back). I first noticed when I reached up to push my hair out of the way and my hand came back covered with yolk.

So, how pretty is that? I looked at it and it was pretty messy. I guess I am lucky my hair is blonde - would have been more noticeable in dark hair. Not to mention that it was now all over my black turtleneck. As it dried, I spent a good amount of time trying to pick it out of my hair.

Then, I noticed that I got it all over the phone, too. It was one of those messes that you keep noticing all day as you realize that you spread the mess to various places before you knew what you did. So, I'm scraping dried egg yolk off of my desk phone, my desk, picking it out of my hair and off my shirt.

Then, I ate some soup at lunch. Know what I did? Yup, I spilled it. I decided to drink the rest out of the cup and spilled it in the other side of my hair and down my shirt.

Just call me Grace - and to think I was teasing Gazelle. So, I figured that I should fess up to my own mishaps.

I guess you just can't take me anywhere. It really was pretty funny, though.

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote