View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Megan I can relate to the stiffness. In the very beginning that was my primary complaint. I did not have fasics when I first went to the doctor. They developed later.

It may pay you to go back to your doctor and make sure he knows about them as they are caused by something. Fasic alone would not worry me but the stiffness combined with fasics and fatigue do. There are a lot of conditions that are treatable and curable and you need a complete workup. I spent a year being examined for metabolic and other curable diseases before they decided mine was not curable. Yours may be so I would definetly investigate it. They may want to do another EMG to see if there are any changes from the first which of course there are as the fasics are new.

Cycleops you are a wealth of information and are very helpful. Sometimes I think you have ESP or something. I am taking Beta-blockers and alphablockers for blood pressure problems. I have heard that Beta blockers help with some neuro conditions but I just cannot tell the difference. I also take a antidepressant for the sleep problems. I have tryed the anti-chlorgenic also. I take remeron which has a histamine effect of some kind. Ambien also works great for me.

You are also right on with the attitude change and where I thought I would be at this point in my life. Big change. I should be having my mid life crisis and be out buying sports cars and looking for a young girlfriend but instead I am in the store looking at which cane I want to buy.

I also have a template for how my disorder is going to progress. I just took my father to the doctor and for the first time I had to pick his leg up and put it in the truck for him. He could lift it up but not far enough to get it in the truck. He also fell the other day and it took me about thirty minutes to get him up. I know this is what I have to look forward to. But I just have to believe there will be a cure before then. That is what keeps me going.
TLSMITH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Megan (07-08-2008), Silverlady (06-26-2008)