View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Do meds give a person a false sense of security?

I have been thinking about this since all of this thing with Vicc.

Vicc has been with the group since we all came from BT over to NT. Very few of the oldies are left due to the things that seem to keep going on here. I see a constant of fighting and arguing here.

My question is, do the meds give people a false sense of security to the point that they say what they want and feel like they can take on the world. Do they make a person feel like they don't care what they say? Do they make people speak their minds whether they are right or wrong?

I am not much for meds and neither is my Dr. He works his *** off on keeping me walking and getting around without me carrying a list of meds a mile long for when I see the next Dr. or end up in the hospital for something.

Again, I just felt like this was a question that people need to think about and I'd like peoples thoughts on it.

This is not to start an argument, I am just wondering if this might be the case in most instances.

I do know that when we take our meds we are in less pain so we think we can do things we couldn't do before such as run a marathon, walk a mile, climb a hundred stairs, then when they wear off we think why did we think we could do that. Again is this the case with talking too?

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote