View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, Johanna...I might be posting this too late, as I don't know when your FCE was scheduled, but I thought I'd share my experience. I've had two done; the second was done a few weeks after my cervical fusion, and I was not fully recovered. It was set up by my attorney, so I didn't have insurance companies pushing me. The therapists I had (different ones for each eval) were very good; they constantly asked me to rate pain levels, and I stopped when they got too bad. They also had me call in the next day to report how I was doing after the eval, and whether or not it put me in a flare (it did...for a few days, IIRC). For me, one of the worst things was the fine motor stuff...picking up slippery little metal things, and putting rings on pegs. After those tests I HAD to stop for a while; she had a table where I could go to lay down, and she even came in and massaged my arm and shoulder a bit to calm things down. A lot of the lifting tests were out of the question, so they didn't even require me to do them.

After the second one I was rated at sub-sedentary...basically full disability.

I hope things go well, Johanna...I agree with the others. DON'T push yourself at all, and let them know how you are feeling throughout the whole thing.
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johannakat (02-26-2008)