View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 11:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Nobody now seems to know who wrote it .
We are not copying & pasting someone else's material. It is not incumbent on us to source it. YOU are the one who lied and said you edited it to a form where the original was no longer intact. You outright claimed credit when it should have gone to Paul Jones. You also provided what seems to be an erroneous source when asked for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
anything that helped enlighten on MS as a result of what was posted here has been hijacked by nit picking.
It is NOT nitpicking to ask for you to give the author credit and not take the credit yourself. That's like saying it's nitpicking if someone swears to tell the truth in court... and lies. Why are you making such a big deal out of the request to give the source of the material?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie
I think the greater evil here is not giving accurate information without giving detailed specifics of who compiled the information. The greater evil is the breaking of a confidence in private messaging and taking private information a person was given in confidence and dumping it on a public forum for all to see. Then having others jump in without knowing the facts or background behind the information that had been privately obtained and turn the whole thing into something that was never meant to be. I feel I have been treated wrongly. I will never trust wannabe again with anything personal.
How did I break a confidence? I publically posted that you gave me your background via PM. That's all. Where did I "dump" anything else that you wrote? YOU gave your credentials publically. It wasn't private information obviously.

Cherie now you are making things up. I made no other mention that you PM'd me and railed against me in private. I made a general comment that I received a critical PM but I didn't say it was from you nor did I divulge the content.

My only public comment about receiving a PM from YOU was to say that you gave me your background, information that YOU publically disclosed and that I didn't share in detail anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie
Then having others jump in without knowing the facts or background behind the information that had been privately obtained and turn the whole thing into something that was never meant to be. I feel I have been treated wrongly. I will never trust wannabe again with anything personal.
Anyone on the forum (including myself) has the same "facts or background behind the information that had been privately obtained". I don't have any more than anyone else. I based my public comments on what you wrote publically.

You didn't give me any personal information and I didn't share any. And you can't have a "confidence" with someone if only one person knows about it. I have no idea what kind of confidence you shared and I can't see where I broke any (nor did I agree to keep any to begin with).

This was an issue about sourcing and giving references. It then became an issue about you taking credit for something that you obviously did not write and did not alter so that no "intact sentences remained". Now you are making it a personal attack against me by saying that I somehow "broke a confidence", am "nitpicking", am "treating you wrongly", and am trying to turn this into a "dictatorship". That is ridiculous. Please don't personally insult me Cherie. Asking you to source your material and not say you wrote something that you didn't does not warrant a personal attack by you.

Cherie I would hope you appreciate the gravity of saying you wrote something that you didn't. This IS a very serious issue. Please stop trying to make this personal. This is about giving credit for written material that someone ELSE took the time to research and write. How can anyone "trust" YOU when you obviously take other people's hard work and pretend that you wrote it, refusing to give them the credit. Let's not talk about trust okay?
wannabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote