View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pets, don't cha just love 'em?????

I was in my kitchen today making pie crusts and peeling and cutting apples to use some apples my dad gave me. As I'm working on this, I hear this moderately loud thump, again, thump, over and over. It was really close, but did see anything in sit. I had a roast in crock pot and the lid from that was tapping some as the bubbles of steam made it's way to the top. Just then, I got up and walked around my kitchen table. There sleeping, was my chocolate lab, out cold, with a crooked smile on her face and her big long tail going up and then thudding to the floor, over and over. She looked so darn cute. All I could think of is, what is going through that little chocolate head of hers. Perhaps she was dreaming that tonight was going to be the night that I set a place for her at the table and I would tie a bib around her neck and load up her plate with roast beef, mashed potatos, corn and a glass of milk and a peice of apple pie on the side for dessert. When she woke up she was a bit unoriented to her surroundings. Had to give her a kiss and ask her if she'd like a treat for her thoughts. She was so funny, and absolutely an adorable friend.

With suffering from several chronic autoimmune diseases, she is absolutely one of my positive things (furry child) that keeps me going everyday. The funny things that she does day in and day out give me reason to fight to be the best I can with all of the med crap going on in my life. I would be lost without my Gracie girl. She's truly my best little buddy!

Thanks, Gracie (named after, guess who?)
Gracie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote