Thread: Mild Ms?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My Dad had MS (as do I). He was diagnosed in his mid-thirties, and passed away just before his 80th birthday. Although he did stop driving when he was in his mid-forties, he was still going up and down stairs until three days before he died. He never had to go on disability.

I can remember as a child the cloud of "what if" hanging over us sometimes. We lived very frugally because, as my mother would say, "We never know if tomorrow morning your father won't be able to get out of bed."

As time went on, they learned to acknowledge the cloud's existence, but not let it rule or ruin their lives. That morning never DID come, and he lived a full, productive life. Most of his symptoms were invisible to anyone outside the immediate family.

I sometimes fall into that nasty trap of cowering under my blankets, waiting for the other shoe to drop. But you just can't live that way. I wouldn't go out today and sign a huge mortgage, but other than that: one day at a time, and God provides.

Welcome, and blessings to you!

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote