View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default To Dahlek: Foot Sensor Pad Thingeee

Guess what!!!

There is such a thing!!! well almost!!! A guy from NASA is doing research in diabetics and foot ulcers, etc. and he's invented this sensor pad thing.

I researched it and while it's not exactly what you are looking for NOW!!!, it is a thing that people place their feet on and it uses sensor cells to transmit messages exactly where the feet are placed. See where I'm headed here???

Don't laugh at me but I contacted the guy at NASA and asked him if there is any research anywhere (maybe even at NASA), to enable people with neropathy to "feel" where they place their feet while they are driving. I explained the whole neuropathy thing.

There is also an option if a person drives all the time and can't use the pedals, they can have their car adapted using hand brakes, etc.

I told Alan a long time ago to have his car adapted so he could continue to drive. He looked at me like I was out of my mind.

What do I expect from a guy who won't try on new glasses??? He's actually going to adapt his car??? oh yeah, that's going to happen, right!!!!!!!!

so if the guy from NASA responds and gives me any information, I'll pass it on.

wouldn't it be a hoot if such a product exists???

take care,
melody
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote