View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome Vicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy View Post
Hi
I dont have anybody with alzheimers in my family, but I am an activities person at a retirement village, I work mostly with the assisted living and the alzheimers residents..... I love my job, and have the utmost respect for those of you who are having to personally deal with this disease.
vicky
I am interested in your post. Could you give us some idea's in helping our LO's ? It's hard to find anything that will get MIL's attention these days, but I still try. Now and again I see that sparkle, maybe my imagination, but maybe not?

Yesterday she kept saying something to me, I couldn't hear her see was talking so low and her words were so garbled. She leaned her head close to mine and she said the same thing again. She said she loved me.

I can't begin to say how that touched my heart. It was hard to keep the tears in check. You can seldom understand words she mumbles much lest put a sentence together.

I have been there when they had activities and it is a hard to keep some of them focused. I do admire anybody that will take on jobs like these. Perhaps you will share some things with us, help us understand how to interact with our LO's.

Welcome to you as well as all that have posted here. with much care, Jo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote