Thread: Is it Tarlov?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default To Annette

Hi Annette,

I'm new to this site, and have a giant TC in S2-S3. Where is your burning? My symptoms are burning, cramps, spasms and strange sensations along the backs of my calves, ankles, feet and toes, (tibial nerve at S3) as well as hips, glutes and some upper thigh, bladder and bowel urgency( Nerves from S2)...I've seen a NS here in Santa Monica, Ca. and will have surgery on March 13th (his 12th surgery on TCs). There is a Dr. Feigenbaum from Kansas, Mo who has performed more than 90 surgeries on TCs, if you want he'll look at your films and give you a phone consult. Many MDs will tell you the cysts have nothing to do with your pain (my first NS 3 years ago gave me that erroneous information and now my cyst and symptoms are much worse). Best of luck....Tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Any new update since 2007 with your Tarlov Cyst? It's been almost a year. Did you seek medical attention with Dr. Long? Surgery to remove? Aspirate it? Right now I do have a tarlov cyst located on my S3 region. The neurosurgeon thinks that the burning is not coming from that. I had a lower MRI & now am having an upper MRI. For now, I'm going to my family physician to seek meds & do a Vitamin B12 Deficiency test. If all is negative, it has to go back to the cyst. Any feedback on this is appreciated.
tobim1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote