View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There are several changes I made regarding clothes which helps me (and I have similar hand problems.)

1) get one or two of those three compartment hampers. Sort clothes by type into the hampers as you use them. I.e. one compartment for yoga pants, one for tops, one for underthings, one for linens/towels, etc. Then when you do a load of laundry (from one compartment) you don't have to sort it afterwards because it's all the same type of item. Just dump the freshed washed load of yoga pants into your yoga pants basket.

2) get big open shelf unit and put baskets on the shelves, one for each type of item, so you don't have to fold. Make sure you have enough room between the basket and the next shelf that you don't have to put out the baskets to get clothes.

3) label the baskets and sections of the closet by different subtypes of clothes so people can organize things for you without you having to point or show things.

4) Limit color choices for your pants/skirts to a couple neutrals and maybe one non neutral (whatever your favorite color is). Then if you pull out any random top from the top of your basket of tops, it's easy to find a matching pant or skirt without too much rummaging.

5) Keep a basket of socks and and basket of gloves/scarfs/hats by a chair near your front door.

6) Get a few no winkle blazers (travel stores, like travelsmith, often have them) or cardigans and put them in another basket. Then if you need to look a little more presentable you can throw on a jacket/blazer/cardigan over your cami and yoga pants and look more formal without having to iron or hang up clothes.

7) If you like jewelery but can't handle the clasps, craft stores now sell magnetic clasps. A friend easily could replace the clasps on your bracelets/necklaces so you can put jewelery on yourself (if you have sufficently lightweight jewelery)
lisa_tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote