View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglebabe View Post
I had a biopsy of the lining of the uterus and nothing was found in that, I then had a camera ran up into the uterus, where they visually looked inside...there were no fibroids....That's why this is all so confusing. There is nothing to explain this at all.

When they freeze, they go into the uterus and insert ice, then use chemicals to cause the ice to freeze the uterus to sub zero temps...killing the lining...and yet they can still go back in there later to view it..

With the burning, once they burn it...it kills the lining and there is no entry point left, so they can never again go back inside to see whats going on in there...which is why I refuse to do this burning.

My grandmother died from cancer of the uterus...therefore I do not want to take a chance of burning it and never being able to see back in there.

I just wish this ins. would give in.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

I am a bit confused about what you said. Uterine Ablation should not prevent further follow up investigation of your uterus. Only if you have a full hysterectomy with removal of your cervix will there be a hinderance to vaginal hysteroscope.
They should still also be able to laparoscope you abdominally.
It is important for you as you said, because your history demands you have regular investigations.
Perhaps your doctor has not explained himself very well to you
Wishing you well and an answer to this problem.
Cheers Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote