Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb gemfibrozil

is an old drug... but not a benign one.

Did you ever do the fish oil?

You know lipids change when one has thyroid issues. I don't think the interventions we use for thyroid work 100%...cholesterol is typically elevated in hypo people.

Metformin is okay if you can tolerate it. I took it for several months, and developed acidosis and a severe case of vertigo because of the acidiosis.
I lost almost 40 lbs on it, and liked it, but it also was a huge diarrhea inducer.
I just couldn't go on with it. Even though my blood sugar was 90 fasting, I was having hypoglycemia symptoms in the mornings too. So I had to stop it.
If you are normal and not diabetic, it might give you huge side effects.
If I were you I'd try it... and see. It is the premier drug for insulin resistance that is not diabetic yet. The metformin may lower your cholesterol a bit too.
It did for me. I just got sooooo sick on it.... groan...

I lowered my triglyerides 10 yrs ago and they have stayed down. I don't eat alot of carbs, and I take fish oil, and they stay in the 170-180's now. That is where they were when I was pregnant, and good enough for me.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote