View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Maybe a new Neurologist could give some insight into your other problems. I wonder if your legs could also be related to something going on in your back too... I don't recall if you have seen one since your move to Ca. or not.

I know how frustrated you are with all of this. I wish there was something we could do to speed up getting you some help.

If you were my daughter, I think I might go to the doctor appointment with you and perhaps say, "Look, my daughter has been suffering with this for (however long) and no one seems to be able to find out what is the problem. She has seen doctors X, Y, and Z... Surely there is something that can be done to help her, and not just let her suffer like this. What do you suggest next? Who can you refer her to who might be able to help her?" And perhaps, "Will you manage her case for her?"-So that there is some organization in her care... Actually, that might come by starting with a good Internal Medicine doctor who give you a thorough going over...

I know your mom is not there where you live, but is there a chance she could go with you when she comes to visit?

Maybe not even your mom. Maybe a friend, since you probably have no immediate family there to help. If I could, I would hire someone like Glenn to go a couple of my doctors' appointments. He is outspoken, well read on various health problems and doctors do not intimidate him, like they can some of the rest of us...While I don't know him well, I suspect that he presses for answers or information. The presence of an authority figure may play a part in getting some doctors to move more agressively in looking further than the ends of their noses...

It seems like a lot of doctors blow people off, if they cannot immediately see what is going on, or if they are young and maybe less apt to ask pointed questions, or even if they are older and don't press for help.

Wish I could help more,
Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote