Thread: not doing well
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

momz- i am REALLY HAPPY that you got such a good response from your doctors, only hurting for you that it took so long to get the help.

next time, for your sanity, please don't wait so long, ok? if you feel that awful, something is probably wrong and your doc should be able to help!!!

i am feeling better...just stiff, sore, and all that other post surgery stuff like post anestesia hormone mumble jumble. It really plays with my ability to stay happy, but at least i know it will pass. i was a little blue yesterday and this AM (when i dropped a full glass jar of spaghetti sauce on the floor *sigh*) but plan to just let it ride for today and hopefully it will lift tomorrow.

i hope you can find a way to communicate with your hubby- remember that he is hurting, too- having lost your company, good mood, and help. sometimes we just have to give our spouses the soundign board that they rpovide for us when we are hurting. Right now when you are feeling a little better might be a great time for that.

My hubby always thinks he is right, too, and he is a debater. i HATE debating...can I say that again...i HATE DEBATING!!!!! AAARRGHH, He HAS to be right and he will argue a point until the cows come home... it makes me want to punch a wall more often than not. However, i have learned that sometimes instead of taking the bait and arguing back and forth with him it is better to just not get into it and walk away. He is classic for telling me that he won't talk once i get agitated. When it happens he walks away. SO when he starts debating something that i don't want to debate, i just walk away now and politely explain that i didn't really want to debate whatever it was, just wanted to talk to him.

we have been married 5 year, dating for three before that, and it took me until this past winter to really be able to do that well. It is never too late.

In any case, i so so very happy to hear that you are doing better, and i really hope it continues for your sake. Keep us posted.

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote