View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help - Advice for 7yrold undx , afraid she may harm herself

Hi everyone,

I have a 7 yr old daughter who has been seeing a pediatrician for about a year.
She's dx daughter as being possible oppositional, nvld, among other things.

She's not on any medication.
We can't bring her in for a psychoeducational testing because our health plan doesn't cover it and out of pocket is $1800.

Financially we can't do it, we are paycheck to paycheck.

Daughter has such extreme meltdowns, gets physical with me, says she wants to "punch me in the face" .. I am homeschooling her now due to ld. and her being at risk to take off.

I am at my wits end, she needs help but where do you go when you can't afford it... I mean i'm afraid she can hurt herself or others.

This week she already turned the toaster on without telling me because she "wanted to see how it worked" luckily i noticed the smell .

I'm in Canada and i find it very frustrating that nobody will help her and that it comes down to the almighty dollar.

I did phone the psychologist to schedule a consult to say if there was maybe a payment plan , his office only books the pscycoeducational testing... no consults... and even then the only appointments are for July.

I'm sorry i'm so long , i just really need to help for her... she is such a special girl..... if anyone knows of any other avenues that they have had to go through or have tried , could you let me know.

Thanks
Cindy
misshayleesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote