View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
Ok, so it went VERY WELL> this doctor is the neurosurgeon that was recommended to me by friends. ... first a bit of back story.

I have been diag. with MS for 13 years next month. I started using a cane 12 years ago, 10 years ago I moved to fore-arm crutches, 7 years ago I moved to a manual chair 70% of the time. 4 years ago I fell while in the shower and compressed L-5 - S-1 in my lower spine. This caused sig. impingement on my spinal cord. I wasn't given any hope to ever walk again (gee, I wonder why I hate doctors) anyway this is the first time seeing a neuro since then.

This doc says he wants to do a surgery [next Friday] to replace two of my disc's with artificial, fuse the spine and take the pressure off of my nerve roots. he said 80% chance I can walk again (after lots of rehab and p.t.)

so, March 7 I am going under the knife, I have never had surgery but am not too nervous about it.

Thanks for your prayers which I know you sent. GOOD DAY!!! finally..

Earl,

Well, may the force be with you! I send you lots of good wishes for the success of the surgery and your recovery. If you have looked into i all thoroughly and know the risks as well as the good possibilities, you've done everything you can to make an informed decision.

All the best!
MrsBackyard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote