View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 11:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Wannabe...
PRIVATE Messaging is PRIVATE. You erred in a way greater than I by publishing publically , information I'd given you in private. I posted public domain information on this forum and talked to you PRIVATELY. You broke confidence. You were wrong. I never lied. You are.

Thank you Joan and Cherie for helping to resolve this. Like both of you, I have a great deal to share that would benefit the community but with wannabe aboard, it doesn't look like that can happen without it being pulled apart.
***sigh...

I didn't publish publically. I said you gave me your background. I didn't say WHAT your background was. You did. But even so, I never agreed to receive your message in private. Just because you chose to send it means that I have obligations because of it? Give me a break.

Where does it say that a. private messaging is an opportunity for people to privately attack others in a way that they don't want the public to know about and b. that private messaging is a system where we can't even ACKNOWLEDGE receiving a private message (which is essentially what I did. I didn't copy your PM publically nor did I disclose the specifics of it). I have read many many times people say: "you have a PM" or "I wrote you a PM" or "I sent you the information in a PM". I'm sure I could find instances where you have said just such statements or similar.

How is that different than what I have done here? Wait, don't answer. I just don't want to defend myself anymore against these silly allegations. You have said alot more about the private messages than I have here.

This is going off on a tangent anyway. The issue is sourcing. I don't need to be attacked publically OR privately by you because of asking you to give your source. I hope you will appreciate one day that this issue of sourcing was brought to your attention by me (and others) and you were given an opportunity to correct your misstatements and lack of proper sourcing instead of it ending with being publically chastised by the true author of the work, or fined heavily or sued.

Last edited by wannabe; 08-31-2006 at 11:53 AM.
wannabe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote