View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have issues with my Mother too. She likes to gossip about people and things. My example would be when I thought I may have MS. I told her not to fret or talk to anyone about it. Told her we need to get all the tests done first, and then, and ONLY then, if it was positive, I would tell people.

By the next day, she had spilled her guts to my Grandmother, Uncle, Brother, SIL....everyone, including her next door neighbor. That was not enough. She made my Brother call my Dad in Utah (whom she's been divorced from since 1981) to tell him. I get a call out of the blue from my Dad almost sobbing over the news. I was SOOOOO angry!!

I've learned over the years NOT TO TELL HER ANYTHING that is private, and so far I've done pretty well and not had so many episodes, but I slipped this one out: I was NUMB....it was hard to not talk about ya know?

Anyway, here we are months later, and now everyone is suspicious of my possible MS episode. Everyone tells me how THEY TOO have this thing or that. It caused more stress to me, and I wish I'd never said a thing.

You can't change Mom (God Bless and Love them!) so the best thing to do is be very careful with what you share. If they can't keep their mouth shut, then don't give them anything to fill it with! JMHO!!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
turtle_78 (02-29-2008)