View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Monday Monday...la la la la la

Dang, I slept horribly last night. I don't know where my head is.

I was upset thinking last week that I'd not changed my voter registration that I had missed the deadline only to find out on Friday I could still do it until tomorrow. The online info and in the newspaper on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today, it says to go to the sub-courthouse nearest you. So, that's what I do only to be met with a blank stare and finally a card to mail back. Of course being the impatient person I am, I got testy. All the employees had no idea what I was talking about. Finally one said to go to the third floor which was all city offices. Finally I went back to the main floor and there was a lady at a table registering people. I told her that I had been sent away and she said...oh everybody keeps telling me that. Grrrrr. Then get up and go downstairs and tell them to tell people where you are. Good Lord.

And then the ease of registering. They did not want to see my card from my previous residence, did not require my driver's license (just the number) and if I didn't have my driver's license number the last four digits of my SSN. They took my word when I said I was 18 and took my word when I checked the box that I was a U.S. citizen. What security. Geez. I could go register with ten different names. I could have used anybody's name. That burns me up.

Okay as you can see I'm in a bad mood...lololol

Hugs and hope your day is better.

Julie

Julie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote