Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I'm not sure about

Gamma-glob. spikes I do know I went thru almost ALL of the WHOLE immune testing panels? Some tests went to Mayo, some to Athena Labs and some who knows where? I do know that I was tested for the various IGg [and other sub-g letters] for various tolerances regarding possible IVIG therapy. And I got by? I'd have to dig thru piles of records and tests to see if I had a 'spike' or not.
Key diagnostics for me were the nerve conduction studies [showing conduction deteriorations], blood tests showing hi inflammatory responses in lots of quarters [not much I understand specifically] and Definite inflammation markers in the spinal fluids.
So, you mite say that the sites I keep posting regarding diagnosis are key to helping US the patients learn about what SHOULD be done, as opposed to what ever so many docs do or don't.
HEperson? I too have Hashimotos'. I was hypothyroid a long time before I got my CIDP diagnosis. That the one could have caused the other is open to debate. Or even that a diagnosis of BCancer in-between had anything to play in it all is also debatable. My Hashi's was diagnosed this time last year [4 years after the CIDP onset]. But I had had a 'flare up' of the hypothyroid about 5 months after my neuropathy onset. Many, many folks here will attest to the fact that IF you are diagnosed w/one immune disease, others are likely to follow. I'd known/suspected the thyroid aspect from the get go, and was told it wasn't a problem. {?}
Having Hashi's is far, far easier to treat than say, CIDP. And cheaper med-wise. I truly hope and pray that you don't get more of these worser things! Bad enough w/the thyroid! Worse w/other complications...then there is the med for one interfering w/the med for other issue...issues! IF they are connected, and they may well be? The thing is that key tests werent done for the other 'possibilities' at the key times they could have been useful.
Of course, this doesn't make you FEEL any better! Just know you are in one stubborn and smart club! ?? Hugs - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote