View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I wish I would have thought of asking for the supporting evidence. I did ask her what she thought caused RSD and she did not know. I actually have seen this doctor three times, once in December on at Saturday at a walk-in clinic to get meds for strep throat and then once in January (first time at her practice) and yesterday. When she me in the clinic I told her about my problem with RSD and she asked me if I was on Neurotin or Lyrica. I told her "no" due to the side effects and she said she had just moved to the mid-west from Oregon where she was an occupational doctor. She said she saw many patients with RSD over a six year period and she said the lastest research suggests treat it with an anti-seizure med to control the spread. I do need more information than this. I just felt so terrible yesterday thinking I had wasted months not being on an anti-seizure medication.

I have every symptoms of RSD and probably 7 or 8 independent doctors who had diagnosed me with it, yet I sometimes I wonder if I have it because I have days where my pain level is a 1 or 2. Is that possible with RSD? I was a solid 8 - 9 (my perspective) for five months until I had a second ulnar nerve release surgery and that relieved a second compression which calmed the pain. I have nerve injury, stiffness, swelling, reddness, atrophy, numbness in my little finger and pain most days. But if I keep my arm still and propped up, most times I can cut the pain. Could I still have RSD if I don't have pain 24/7? At times I can get to a level 8-9 fast, just rolling over in my sleep can make that happen or typing flares me badly. Some flares can take days to calm down, some take just a few hours. Like now, this is all I can type because I am really hurting, so I will stop for the day. If I would keep typing, I would have this burning pain at a level 8 in another 10 minutes.

What do you all think? Can this still be RSD if I do get some periods of relief?
Coffeebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote