View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks for the greetings!

My parents are back home (in another province) so they are celebrating Thanksgiving with my sister and brother-in-law.

Just me and my kids, but I'm awfully grateful to have them with me this weekend. (Actually they've been here for the past week and they'll still be here until next Sunday.)

Things have been hectic with me back to working on-call in the schools and I'm feeling quite worn out. So instead of baking a pumpkin pie I bought one. As for the turkey ....... I bought a frozen turkey breast that has stuffing through the middle. I tried this before and it was very good ... plenty for just the 3 of us and a nice amount of leftovers.

My parents brought us veggies from their garden when they visited us in September. (Always nice when they drive out!) Squash, carrots, parsnips, 3 kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, onions and a bunch of baking too. Now if I can just wrangle a bit of help from the kids this afternoon ...

The leaves on our trees are turning beautiful colours ... and I've pulled out some sweaters for fall.

I have so many reasons to be 'thankful' .......

(((hugs)))