View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
Sorry about your cold Erin! Congratulations on graduating to the big appliances though! BTW, I was never, ever allowed to use my Dad's lawn mower. I tried it once when I was about 12, but he took it away from me because I got to close to the bushes.

You hit the nail on the head DM. There's where the real fear comes in!

Oh no, that would be a catastrophe!!
Well, it was just underwear and socks...and I dont wear any color sock other than white, so no weird color accidents.

I was going to fold the underwear and match the socks this morning when I got up, but I guess my mom was bored last night or this morning. I found a laundry basket full of folded underwear and socks on the couch.

I'm still wondering if I dreamed that I did the laundry, because my mom just never lets me touch it...when I crochet an afghan and I want to put it in the dryer to soften the yarn up, she freaks and insists on turning it on herself.

My mom can be a little (a lot!) irrational about a few things...comes from her having had a severe head injury (contra-coup concussion and a 5 week coma) when she was 17. She's not having a great retirement. She has spinal stenosis and has a lot of pain from that, and her short term memory is not the best...we havent gotten her evaluated yet, but we're thinking she could have an early-onset alzheimers going on, probably from her head injury. It's hard to deal with her at times.

I could tell that she was stressing out a bit when I was loading the washer. She did a fairly good job of not going off on me.

I'm guessing she was more receptive to me wanting to do my own clothes last night because of the stenosis. She's got a TENS unit now, and I'm not sure what else they can do for that back pain. I've been waiting for my chance to start using the washer...she's ruined some of my clothes by not following the washing instructions on the clothing. Now all I have to do is see if this was a weird abberation that she allowed me to even touch the machine last night.

Hopefully she'll let me wash all my t-shirts this weekend (I have lots of t-shirts. It'll take all weekend to wash them) I'm totally out of clothes, and have to get at least some of it done, and I just think it'd be easier to do it myself and it'd be less painful for my mom if I do it myself. Maybe I'll practice on a load of my towels tonight.

My only problem with doing laundry tonight, is the cold that is trying it's hardest to kill me today. I'm all hopped up on cold meds, practically o.d.-ing on Tylenol, and really really tired.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote