View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 06:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't even TALK to my mom. She's an alcoholic (don't know if she's still drinking but she was when I stopped talking to her a few years ago when I was 36ish).

Some people you can't trust, as Brain said. And WHAT do you mean you don't have girlfriends right now? Huh?? You have US. We're better than a bunch of old neighborhood girlfriends.

My MIL and one of my SILs were like that--blabbing things all over the place but they'd put THEIR slant on it and turn you into the bad guy. Great. All I did finally was to talk about the weather, how big the kids had gotten, and my look at the grass (flowers, trees, clouds, blouse...)--isn't it really nice?

Censor what you tell your mom. You have to for YOUR sanity. And reassure your MIL and more importantly your DH that you're happy with your life JUST the way it is (ok, maybe not with the MS part of it).

Parental/family relations try the best of us. We just learn to deal with it somehow. And sometimes, like in my situation, disassociating from the person's the best move. I'm not saying you're there with your mom, but for me it was the right move.

So sorry for your losses. I'm sure you were devastated. It's never easy.
SandyC (02-29-2008), turtle_78 (03-02-2008)