View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan's got a new BOOT!!

Hi all:

Just wanted to update on Alan’s foot. We just came back from Beth Israel for his follow up. They did not take out the stitches. Next week. He has a big incision on his calf. I asked his doctor what the name of the muscle that was operated on. This is the name and a short description.

GASTROCNEMIUS

In humans, the gastrocnemius (pronounced /ˌgæs.trɑkˈni.mi.əs/) muscle is a very powerful superficial muscle that is in the back part of the lower leg and also called the calf. It runs from its 2 heads just above the knee to the heel, and is involved in standing, walking, running and jumping. Along with the soleus muscle it forms the calf muscle.

As you know, he was in a Cam Walker previously. I brought that with me today to show the doctor. The doctor quietly said: “no, that’s crap, we have a new one that’s perfect for Alan”.

Here’s the photo of his previous Cam Walker

And here’s the new member of our family!!

He’s still uses the wheelchair to get around our apartment because the doctor doesn’t want him too much on the foot. But at least he can get up and down by himself.

Just thought I would share. This one goes all the way almost to the knee. His pants are hiding the top of the boot. Big difference in the shoe boot thing, don’t you think??

Oh, if any of you want to laugh your head off, I posted all about what happened to us today at Beth Israel. On Social Chat forum. Very funny.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...321#post227321

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 02-29-2008 at 07:39 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote